Monday, August 13, 2018

Your Daily Slice


Elul 2
Search and Know



O יהוה, You have SEARCHED me And KNOW me.” (Ps 139:1 ISR, emphasis mine)



The Hebrew word that has been translated as ‘searched’ is the word châqar (Strong’s H2713), and while ‘search’ is an accurate definition of this word, we also find the implication of close examination, scrutiny, and investigation within its meaning.  As with most Hebrew words, châqar is a word of action; in other words, there is a continual, on-going search, or intent investigation.

To know that our Creator has such intricate and intimate knowledge of each one of us personally is something that I will admit is beyond my comprehension.  And yet, because He has searched and examined me, He knows everything there is to know about me.  The question is, have I taken the time and effort to know (yâda, Strong’s H3045) Him, to investigate and examine everything there is to know about the One who formed me within my mother’s womb? Have I truly yearned for the close-up, personal, and intimate relationship with my Father that I believe He desires to have with me?

As we stand naked before Him – nothing hidden, everything revealed - during this season of teshuvah, let us make the choice and decision to investigate and examine that much more intently all there is to know of our Elohim.  And then, let us reach out to Him with the deep desire for that intimate relationship He longs to have with all of us.

Amein …



Would it be well when He searches you out? Or could you deceive Him as one deceives a man? (Job 13:9 ISR)

“I, יהוה, search the heart, I try the kidneys, and give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds. (Jer 17:10 ISR)



©2018


No comments:

Post a Comment