Thursday, July 19, 2018

Your Daily Slice


Av 7
Who is Your Source?


“And my God will LIBERALLY SUPPLY (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” (Phi 4:19 AMPC, emphasis mine)


Translators reached the word ‘supply’, in our opening verse, from the word plēroō (Strong’s G4137).   Some years ago, when I embarked on an in-depth study of this word, I was amazed at what I had previously missed.  The expanded, wide angle lens reveals a picture of a loving Father pouring into us, into our reservoir, not just liberally, but continuously, overflowing the brim, so that there is not any room left for more.  It implies paying off a debt, and completing a person in such a way that there is no lack in him/her.  Out of His abundance, out of His riches - for the Scriptures tell us that the earth and all of its possessions belong to Him (Ps 24:1; 89:11; 104:24) - our Abba Father sees to it that we lack for nothing, in Messiah Yeshua.

We will all, eventually, come to a place where we have to make a choice of whom we are going to believe:  the Word of our Elohim, the world, or our enemy, who is nothing but a liar, and the father of all lies.  Should we choose to believe His Word, we will be tested on the choice that we make – is our Father true to His Word?  Is He our Source, and our Supplier? Is He going to meet the needs that we have, or are we going to have to take matters into our own hands, like we so often do, and end up making the mess that we usually make.  And when it comes down to where the rubber meets the road, can we say, like the prophet:

“Though the fig tree does not blossom, And there is no fruit on the vine, The yield of the olive has failed, And the fields brought forth no food, The flock has been cut off from the fold, And there is no herd in the stalls, YET I EXULT IN יהוה, I REJOICE IN THE ELOHIM OF MY DELIVERANCE. יהוה the Master is my strength. And He makes my feet like those of deer, And makes me walk on my high places.”  (Hab 3:17-19 ISR, emphasis mine)


“I believe Master, help my unbelief!” (Mark 9:24 ISR)



©2018

No comments:

Post a Comment