Sunday, April 1, 2018

Your Daily Slice


Nisan 16
Complete


“…I do not lack. (Ps 23:1 ISR)


There is a deep canyon between what is a “need”, and what is a “want”.  Needs are those elements we require for normal day to day living and survival, such as food, water, clothing, shelter, and even something as basic as the air we breathe.  A want is above and beyond a need, such as designer name brand jeans, a new Iphone, rib-eye steak instead of hamburger, and a $500,000 house instead of a low income apartment.  Please understand me, I am not saying there is anything wrong with these things in themselves.  All I am pointing out is that most of the “things” we desire are, in reality, not something we are in dire need of.

Our Creator has promised to “fill all our need according to His riches in esteem by Messiah יהושע” (Phi 4:19).  Our problem is not learning to be happy and content with what we have, and always desiring more (see Phi 4:11-12).  We have easily slipped in to becoming a nation of “hoarders”, never satisfied, and yearning for more, more, more. 

May we all get to that place where we can say, truthfully, joyously say,

“I do not lack.  Because I choose to make YHWH my Elohim, my Shepherd, He generously provides for me, so that I never suffer lack.  Nor am I lacking within myself, for ‘His Word have I laid up in my heart, that I might not sin against Him’ (Ps 119:11).  I am complete in Him (see Col 2:10), and I lack nothing.”

Amein.

©2018



No comments:

Post a Comment