Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Your DailySlice


CHESHVAN 8
Walk in HIS Ways


“And now, Yisra’ĕl, what is יהוה your Elohim asking of you, but … to walk in ALL His ways…” (Deu 10:12 ISR, emphasis mine)

Among the definitions Noah Webster has listed for the word “way(s)”, there are three that fit our opening verse.  They are: “Method or plan of life and conduct; right method to act or know; manner of thinking or behavior”[1].  Taking these definitions, our instructions are to live our lives according to Elohim’s plan for us, according to HIS manner of thinking, and with the corresponding behavior and conduct.  But how are we to know what His “ways” are?

According to Ps 103:7, we are told that Yahweh “made known His ways to Moses”, and according to John 1:17, “the Torah was given through Moses.”  I believe it would be accurate to say that the “ways” of Elohim are found in His Torah, the divine instructions for righteous and moral living, as given to Moses on Mount Sinai.


“Show me YOUR WAYS, O יהוה; Teach me YOUR PATHS. Lead me in YOUR TRUTH and teach me, For You are the Elohim of my deliverance; On You I wait all the day.” (Ps 25:4-5 ISR, emphasis mine)

“Blessed are all who fear יהוה, Who walk in His ways.”  (Ps 128:1 ISR, emphasis mine)


©2018



[1] American Dictionary of the English Language, Noah Webster, 1828

No comments:

Post a Comment