Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Your Daily Slice


CHESHVAN 15
Knowing HIM


“For I have KNOWN (chosen, acknowledged) him [as My own] …” (Gen 18:19 AMPC, emphasis mine)

Our opening verse is a statement made by our Creator concerning the Patriarch Abraham – a statement found in this week’s Torah portion.  However, as I pondered this statement, I could not help but wonder if my Father could say the same of me, especially in a positive sense. 

Is my relationship with my Master of such intimacy that He is able to know me, all about me?  Based upon the closeness of our relationship, can my Father all but predict the way I will act in any given situation?  Have I invested the quality time needed to continually improve my relationship with the King of the universe?  Yes, I understand from His Word that He does know me, in detail, in accurate awareness, in close intimacy.

The question of the hour:  Do I know Him as well as He knows me?


“KNOW that יהוה, He is Elohim; He has made us, and we are His – His people and the sheep of His pasture.”  (Ps 100:3 ISR, emphasis mine)

“And those who KNOW Your Name trust in You, For You have not forsaken those who seek You, O יהוה.” (Ps 9:10 ISR, emphasis mine)

“And now, please, if I have found favour in Your eyes, please show me Your way, and let me KNOW You, so that I find favour in Your eyes.” (Ex 33:13 ISR, emphasis mine)



©2018

No comments:

Post a Comment