Friday, October 19, 2018

Your Daily Slice


CHESHVAN 10
To Serve


“And now, Yisra’ĕl, what is יהוה your Elohim asking of you … to serve יהוה your Elohim with all your heart and with all your being …” (Deu 10:12 ISR)

We have all, at one time or another, dealt with either restaurant ‘servers’, or employees working within the retail environment, who have waited on us, the customers, with everything but efficiency.  It is never a happy experience, and one none of us enjoy repeating.  And yet, if we choose to call ourselves children of the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, we too are called to serve, not with a have to attitude, but one out of love and adoration for our Creator.

How am I to serve Him?  First and foremost, with all of my heart, and all my being – with everything in me, and with all that I am.  Second, and equally as important, I choose to serve Elohim through my obedience.

I have learned to ‘fear’ my Elohim; to stand in reverential awe and admiration before Him; to never wish to see disappointment and regret upon His face over something I have done.  Because of this healthy ‘fear’, I have learned that the safest journey I can take is when I am “walking in His ways”.  The longer I “walk in His ways”, the more I come to love Him, and appreciate Him for who and what He is.  The more that I love my YAH, the more I wish to express this love for Him by serving Him, being the extension of Elohim that He desires me to be.  And I find that no matter what I do, whether I am working in secular employment, or as a stay-at-home mom, my employer is still the Creator of this universe, and it is always His nod of approval I seek.


“And his master said to him, ‘Well done, good and trustworthy servant. You were trustworthy over a little, I shall set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’” (Mat 25:21 ISR)

“Servants, obey your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart, as to Messiah; not with eye-service as men-pleasers, but as servants of Messiah, doing the desire of Elohim from the inner self, rendering service with pleasure, as to the Master, and not to men …”  (Eph 6:5-7 ISR)



©2018

No comments:

Post a Comment