Saturday, July 14, 2018

Your Daily Slice


Av 2
I Called



“The hangman’s noose was tight at my throat; devil waters rushed over me. Hell’s ropes cinched me tight; death traps barred every exit.” (Ps 18:4-5 MB)


I have never suffered from an anxiety or panic attack; I understand it is a tremendous blessing to be free from these afflictions.  I do have close friends who deal with such encounters, and my heart goes out to them.  A panic attack puts a whole new meaning on the phrase ‘frozen with fear’.

Researchers and scientists recognize that anxiety and panic originate within a form of fear, which is something that the Word of our Elohim confirms, in that we know that “fear has torment” (1John 4:18).  A person in the tight grips of a panic attack generally has breathing difficulties (see our opening verses), and many bodily functions just ‘shut down’.  Beloved, this has never been our Father’s plan, or desire, for our lives.

We know that fear does not come from our Father; He is the Author and Originator of love (1John 4:8-10).  The Scriptures also tells us that “There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear” (1John 4:18).  The opposite of fear is peace and security, and we believe that our Messiah is the Sar Shalom, the Prince of Peace (Isa 9:6); it is as we cultivate and nurture our relationship with Him, that He gives us of His peace (John 14:27).  However, the consequences of those who defy parental discipline (both spiritual as well as physical) will bring fear and punishment, for “It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Elohim Chayyim” (Heb 10:31 OJB).

With every trial, every testing, every battle, every encounter, our Creator always has one avenue open that spells victory.  It is the road that leads to the “secret place of the Most High”, and the street called “shadow of the ALL-Mighty” (Psalm 91).  Within the pages of this book that we call The Scriptures, the Bible, there are estimated to be over 7700 promises that our Abba Father has given to us, and over 100 times we are admonished to “fear not”.  Why?  Because we are to intimately know Him in whom we trust.



“You have been put to no test but such as is common to man: and God is true, who will not let any test come on you which you are not able to undergo; but He will make with the test a way OUT of it, so that you may be able to go through it.”  (1Cor 10:13 BBE, emphasis mine)

“In my distress I called upon יהוה, And to my Elohim I cried; He heard my voice from His Hĕḵal, And my cry went before Him, into His ears And He brought me out into a large place; He delivered me for He delighted in me.” (Ps 18:6, 19 ISR)



©2018


No comments:

Post a Comment