Friday, May 4, 2018

Your Daily Slice


Iyar 19
In HIS Presence


Where would I go from Your Spirit? Or where would I flee from Your face?  If I go up into the heavens, YOU ARE THERE; If I make my bed in the grave, see, YOU ARE THERE.  I take the wings of the morning, I dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, There, too, Your hand would lead me, And Your right hand hold me.” (Ps 139:7-10 ISR, emphasis mine)


The definition of “omnipresent” is “being present in all places at the same time”[1]; this is an attribute found only with the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.  For many people, this idea of being omnipresent is a sense of a gloom and doom, or an “out to get you” type of supreme being, when in reality, we have a loving Father, tenderly watching over His children for good, and not for evil. 

The presence of our Elohim is a precious thing, and should be cultivated, tended to, guarded and protected, and treasured.  When we dwell – habitually – in the presence of ABBA Father, it is the safest place that we can be.   His presence will lead and guide us, protect us and give us strength.  It will refresh us and give us rest; in His presence we will find true joy, peace and fulfillment.  Why would we ever want to be anywhere else?  (see Ex 33:14; Deu 31:8; Jos 1:5; Ps 31:20; Heb 13:5; Ps 16:11; Acts 2:28; John 14:16-17, 27)

However, our Elohim, our Father, our Creator is a gentle-man, and will not force His presence on anyone; we must seek Him.  He will knock on the door of our hearts, but we must invite Him to come in.  We must purpose in our hearts and mind to spend quality time with the lover of our souls, to become so intimately acquainted with Him, that we can hear the very beat of His heart as we sit with our head on His breast …


 “Better one day in Your courts than a thousand [anywhere else]; I would rather stand at the threshold of God’s house than dwell in the tents of the wicked.  (Ps 84:10 Jewish Study Bible, Tanakh Translation)

“…And see, I am WITH YOU always, until the end of the age.” (Mat 28:20 ISR, emphasis mine)



©2018




[1] American Dictionary of the English Language, Noah Webster, 1828

No comments:

Post a Comment