Sunday, February 25, 2018

Your Daily Slice


Adar 10
Poor of Spirit


“Happy are the poor of spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.” (Mat 5:3 HRVS)


It is, perhaps, difficult to associate blessings with being poor; such, however, is the “banking system” in the finances of our Father’s Kingdom.  “Poor of spirit” has absolutely nothing to do with our external circumstances or conditions; it is the attitude and condition of our heart.  It is how we see ourselves when we look in the mirror of the Word of our Elohim, His TORAH, His divine instructions for righteous and moral living.  What kind of opinion do we have of ourselves?  If we were to realistically strip away everything that our Elohim is, and does, in and through us, just how proud of ourselves would we be?

For by favor you have been saved, through belief, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of Elohim, it is not by works, so that no one should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Messiah יהושע unto good works, which Elohim prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.” (Eph 2:8-10 ISR, emphasis mine)

The individual that welcomes this heart attitude of being “poor of spirit” has been through the furnace of the refiner’s fire, and knows that the only good thing in his/her life is the presence of Messiah Yeshua.  All self-righteousness is burned away; all pride, all vanity, all selfish ambition has been destroyed.  A truly humble spirit has been born; a recognition of how very insignificant we are without our Creator, and His life in us.  With this acknowledgement, we reach this “blessed” state.  Now, through our love and obedience to our Father and His Torah, we are counted among the ones who are eligible to receive the inheritance of the Kingdom.   

"For thus declares the high and exalted One who dwells forever, whose Name is set-apart, “I dwell in the high and set-apart place, with him who has a bruised and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of bruised ones." (Isa 57:15 ISR)


Alvinu Malkenu, my Father, my King I cry out to You.  I surrender this heart of mine, this heart that continually tries to assert dominance over my life, and I ask You to remold it with a heart that is totally sold out and committed to living in Your will.  Help me, YAH, to remember that my life is hid in my Messiah, and that only in Him can I do all things as He strengthens me.  Thank You, Adon Yeshua, for all that You have done for me, to you I gladly bow my knee, and confess You as my Master, and my soon coming King.  Hallelu-YAH!



©2018

No comments:

Post a Comment