Sunday, February 11, 2018

Your Daily Slice

Shevat 26
Delight


But his delight is in the Torah of יהוה …” (Ps 1:2 ISR)


When I looked up Noah Webster’s definition of the word “delight”, it pleased me to see that the example he uses is Psalm 1:2.  For the meaning itself, Mr. Webster writes, “A high degree of pleasure, or satisfaction of mind; joy[1].  Notice, please, that Mr. Webster states “a satisfaction of mind” – not of the flesh.  Interesting thought …

There are a few things that I choose to take delight in:  working in my garden and greenhouse, which always produces a sense of accomplishment, is just one of them.  Writing an exceptionally good piece, knowing that my Creator is giving me the words faster than I can type them – this is another that gives me delight.  And yet, none of these things come close to the excitement that I have when a Torah portion, a verse, or even just a word becomes crystal clear, and I finally “get it”.  Thank You, my Father, for revelation knowledge!

The Torah of our Elohim is not only amazing, it is endless.  Going through each Torah cycle is that “high degree of pleasure” for me, for with each new cycle I learn more, always with the understanding of how little I really know.  Because I believe that the Word of Elohim (Torah) is “living, and working, and sharper than any two-edged sword” (Heb 4:12), I also believe that the more I learn this Torah, the more I will become the type of person that my Creator would want to spend eternity with.  And that is my focus.


Blessed are the perfect in the way, Who walk in the Torah of יהוה!” (Ps 119:1 ISR)

“And what great nation is there that has such laws and righteous right-rulings like all this Torah which I set before you this day?” (Deu 4:8 ISR)

And delight yourself in יהוה, And let Him give you the desires of your heart.” (Ps 37:4 ISR)



©2017


[1] American Dictionary of the English Language, Noah Webster, 1828

No comments:

Post a Comment